Materials for a 10-day train-the-trainer course, developed by OSCE Mission in Kosovo
At the end of this training, the student will be able to:
- Identify Vehicles that have been stolen including autos, heavy equipment (plant machinery) vehicles, motor cycles, etc.
- Understand all aspects of vehicle identification.
- Analysis the breakdown of a VIN number.
- Locate a VIN number.
- Identify a false VIN number
- Compare and contrast false VIN number to an original VIN number
- List other features of identification.
- Complete practical examination and identification of a vehicle.
- Explain the procedures in a vehicles theft investigation used to obtain legally admissible evidence and present in Court proceedings.
- Confirm vehicle has been reported stolen.
- Obtain Search Warrants
- Identify the vehicle.
- Take Injured Party Statement.
- Take independent witness statements
- Take Police statements
- Interview suspects
- Collate photographic evidence
- Collate forensic evidence
- Prepare Court file
- Discuss proper major case management principles during a vehicle theft investigation
- List the Principles of major case management
- Analysis Witness statements
- Collect evidence from the Analysis of Witness Statements
- Create a Suspect Profile.
- Identify unknown suspects
- Apply Officer Survival Techniques during Auto Theft Investigations
- Create an Operational Brief
- Identify equipment needed by each member of team
- Secure the Scene/ Procedures to follow in case of resistance
- Preservation of the Scene
- Describe methods used to combat Transnational Organised Crime Groups
- Identify the trafficking routes
- Methods of transporting stolen vehicles
- Access to all relevant stolen vehicle database – National/International
- Liaise with other Police Forces and Joint Operations