Material for a 1-week training course, developed by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo for the Kosovo Police
The training course on blood spatter analysis and reconstruction of events was designed to give the crime scene police officers and forensic scientists a unique opportunity to acquire first-hand knowledge of the blood spatter analysis through practical laboratory exercises.
Training material covers:
- the underlying scientific principles related to blood spatter analysis and their application to actual casework
- development, history and advancement of bloodstain pattern analysis and its inherent limitations
- the principles related to blood spatter analysis and measuring techniques for bloodstains
- the links between the bloodstain pattern analysis to other forensic disciplines
- information required to recognize, document, collect, examine and interpret bloodstain pattern evidence.