Material for a 2-hour lesson, part of the Mid-Level Management Course, developed by the Kosovo Police Service School
- Students will be aware of the mission of the KPS/CAST unit, the UNMIK/CivPol/CAST unit and how the units interact.
- Understand the scope and function of a Critical Incident Defusing Session and the counterpart Debriefing Session.
- Students will understand under what circumstances the KPS/CAST may be called upon to conduct a debriefing session.
- Students will list the three main methods of contacting KPS/CAST.
- Students will be able to identify the distinction between a Critical Incident Defusing Session and a One of One Counseling session.
- Recognize the requirement that Counseling Sessions are to be conducted only by trained personnel.