Material for a 6-hour lesson, part of the Basic Training Program of Macedonian Police, developed by the Police Development Unit of the OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje.
The goal of this lesson is to provide the students will an understanding of the Macedonian Law on the Criminal Code.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- State the definition of a Crime under Article 7 of the Macedonian Criminal Code.
- Explain the Legality of Sentences.
- List the four (4) different Criminal Sanctions and the general purpose of Criminal Sanctions.
- List the two (2) types of sanctions or punishment under Macedonian law.
- Explain the four (4) Legal Elements of a criminal act.
- Explain the term criminal liability.
- Explain the four (4) legal exceptions of criminal liability.
- List the key elements of Preparation and Attempt.
- List the different parties to a crime.