This lesson is a part of the course "Training for Investigators into the Trafficking of Human Beings" developed by the Police Development Unit of the OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje
The goal of this lesson is to explore the wider issues, raise awareness, increase knowledge and give a wide understanding of human trafficking.
At the conclusion of this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Explain the distinctions between the human and strategic risks in the human trafficking process.
- Explain the root causes of the trafficking process
- Describe the effect of gender discrimination on trafficked victims
- Give examples of recruitment methods
- Outline the routes and means of transportation
- Describe the destination stage of the trafficking process
- Give examples of mechanisms of controlling a victim of trafficking.