This lesson is a part of the course "Specialised Training on the Trafficking of Human Beings" developed by the Police Development Unit of the OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje
The goal of this lesson is to provide participants with an understanding of how the formation of an individual’s sense of integrity moulds their ethical standards and behaviour, and how that relationship influences their professional effectiveness as police officers.
At the conclusion of this lesson, participants will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between “integrity” and “ethics” and the influence of ‘ethical behaviour” and “personal values” upon policing standards.
- List at least three consequences of not adhering to a Code of Ethics
- Identify two (2) challenges to the police regarding Ethical Behaviour
- Define the key areas for consideration in relation to Ethics and Police Duties
- Identify the three types of criminal conduct that result from accepting gifts and/or gratuities
- Explain why an ethics infrastructure is an asset for the Police Officer in his/her daily duties