Trainer guide covering a 7-hour course within a Illegal Narcotics & Drug Suppression Training. Developed by the Police Development Unit of the OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje.
The goal of this lesson is to provide police patrol officers with the legal framework that authorizes and directs police interdiction and enforcement actions involving illegal drug and narcotics.
At the conclusion of this lesson, attending police officers will be able to:
- Identify the laws, which control the illegal production of unauthorized narcotics and psychotropic substances for the purpose of engaging in illegal drug trafficking.
- Define the term ‘clandestine laboratory’ in regards to illegal drug trafficking and the illegal production of unauthorized narcotics and psychotropic substances.
- Identify the provisions of the Criminal Code that apply to enabling the use of narcotics and psychotropic substances.
- Describe the application of the Law on Misdemeanors on public peace and order for persons engaged in illegal drug abuse in public places.
- Identify and describe the two types of police search procedures , to include their distinctive purpose and legal requirements.
- Identify the police forms pertinent to conducting criminal investigations, searches and seizures relating to illegal drug abuse and narcotics trafficking.