Material for a 6-hour lesson developed by the Center for Education of Personnel in the Field of Security. General part of the 12-week Basic Training Program - Macedonian Police.
The goal of this lesson is to provide the student with a basic understanding of the response procedure for an assault, both physical and sexual. The lesson will also provide students with enhanced knowledge and skills on how to deal with victims and offenders of a domestic violence crime.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Review the elements pertaining to the offenses of Grave Bodily Injury and Aggravated Forms of Grave Bodily Injury.
- List at least four (4) types of sexual assault described in the Macedonian Criminal Code.
- Outline the initial actions that must be taken by the Macedonian Police Officer at the scene of a suspected sexual assault/violation.
- Outline the procedures that must be taken by the police officer, if accompanying the victim to the hospital.
- List the main considerations on how to deal with a rape victim.
- List at least six (6) of the psychological and physical presentations of abuse.
- Outline the general procedure which should be followed when interviewing the victim of a domestic violence incident.
- Outline the general procedure which should be followed when interviewing children as witnesses to or victims of a domestic violence incident.
- Outline the general procedure which should be followed when interviewing offenders of domestic violence.