Material for 2-hour lesson, part of the Basic Management Skills course, developed by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and Police Inspectorate of Kosovo
The goal of this lesson is to provide Police Inspectorate staff with an introduction to the theory and practice of influencing people in a management setting and the need for this skill within PIK.
When you have completed this unit you will be able to:
- explain what influencing is and what it is not
- identify the kinds of people you will perhaps need to influence in your own working life
- list the actions you need to take and the behaviours you need to demonstrate when you are attempting to influence another person
- explain the negotiation process
- describe a win/win situation and list the benefits of this
- influence others and negotiate win/win outcomes in practical situations at work.