Material for a 6-hour lesson, part of the 20-week Basic Training Course, developed by the Kosovo Police Service School.
The Criminal Law of Kosovo is applicable towards anyone who commits a criminal act, mentioned in this Law (article 2 of PCCK).
The Provisional Criminal Code of Kosovo consists of 30 Chapters amongst other the Chapter of Criminal Act:
- Criminal Acts against Life and Body
- Criminal Acts against Freedom and Human Rights
- Criminal Acts against Honesty and Prestige
- Criminal Acts against Sexual Integrity
- Criminal Acts against Marriage and Family
- Criminal Acts against the Economy
- Criminal Acts against Property
- Criminal Acts against General Security of Persons and Property
- Criminal Acts against the Safety in Public Traffic
- Criminal Acts against the Jurisprudence
- Criminal Acts against Public Order and Legal Communication
- Criminal Acts against Official Duty
The goal of this lesson is to provide the students with knowledge and understanding of the Provisional Criminal Code of Kosovo.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Explain the definition of a Criminal Act under Article 6 of Provisional Criminal Code of Kosovo according to the Code.
- Explain the Legal Elements of a criminal act according to the Code.
- Explain the Legality of Sentences according to the Code.
- List the types of Criminal Sanctions and the general purpose of Criminal Sanctions as taught in the class.
- List types of sentences according to Provisional Criminal Code of Kosovo.
- Explain the term criminal liability as stated in the lesson.
- Explain legal exceptions of criminal liability based on the lesson.
- List preparation, attempt, and the collaboration in criminal offence co-operation according to the lesson.