Material for a 3-hour lesson, part of the 20-week Basic Training Course, developed by the Kosovo Police Service School.
This exercise will allow students to respond to a domestic violence call. The exercise is made up of four (4) tasks:
- first response;
- investigation of the crime scene;
- initial interview of the victim/ Statement and
- write up of the incident report.
The full exercise should be completed within the provided time limit.
The goal of this lesson is to give students practical applications skills for a Domestic Violence call.
At the conclusion of this lesson students will be able to:
- Perform appropriate first response to a domestic violence call according to the exercise.
- Conduct a victim interview to gather information about a domestic violence incident according to the exercise.
- Examine domestic violence crime scene according to the exercise.
- Write an incident report providing information on the performed tasks at the crime scene and the fugitive suspect according to the exercise.