The Not Just a Picture Conference was an opportunity to look at the activities and achievements of the EFC to date, allowing delegates to gain a good understanding of the collective knowledge about how the online, payment and financial environments are being exploited by offenders and the steps that need to be taken in the future to prevent the abuse of children in this manner.
Benefits of attending the conference included
- Understanding the current European-wide intelligence picture relating to the commercial distribution of child abuse images;
- Understanding the key issues behind a potential new EU Directive which will affect all member states in relation to tackling possession and distribution of child abuse images
- Accessing and shaping best practice guidance for European-wide law enforcement agencies, financial and payment institutions
- Gaining the latest knowledge about how technological, financial and online platforms are being exploited by child sexual offenders
- Be able to shape and influence the future direction of the work of the EFC in relation to proactive investigations and the implementation of effective disruption strategies
- Help contribute to practical solutions that will reduce the likelihood of child exploitation on commercial platforms
The conference included a mix of speaker presentations, discussion panels, the use of illustrative composite case studies and breakout sessions.