The goal of the research, conducted by TNS Medium Gallup for the OSCE Mission to Serbia, is to investigate the attitudes of citizens about personal safety, problems at the local and the national level, their perception of institutions and of the reform of the police.
The goal of the research is to investigate the attitudes of citizens about personal safety, problems at the local and the national level, their perception of institutions and of the reform of the police. One of the research objectives is also to examine whether and to what extent citizens perceive the police as a “service for citizens” or as a “force”.
- The research is being implemented since 2008
- Data from 2014 should inform about relevant positive and negative changes with the goal of improving the work of the police.
- Corruption, organized and petty crime, thefts and robberies, traffic accidents, are the most common
problems that the police faces in its work, and that influence the life of an average citizen.
- One of the more current topics before the implementation of fieldwork this year was the Gay Pride in
Belgrade. One of the tasks of this research is to investigate to what extent citizens are satisfied with
the manner in which the police secured the Gay Pride.
- Hooliganism at sports events is constantly a current topic and one of the very important problems that
the police face in its work. Moreover, in the period during which the field part of the research was
being implemented, the topic of vandalism at a sports (football) event was current. This event adds
additional importance to this topic. Accordingly, one of the goals of this research is to also investigate
if and to what extent citizens feel that the police can deal with this problem and protect them.
- Current topics affecting the work of the police in 2014 are also the seizure of narcotics and cut
tobacco, as well as the resolution of the Tijana Juric and the “Countryman” cases. One of the goals of
this research is to investigate to what extent citizens are satisfied with the work of the police on these