Training materials from a course delivered to Kosovo Police on the psychology of hostage negotiations and post-operational assessment of cases of hostage negotiation
The course aims to increase the capacity of crises intervention (communication) skills of specialized unit officers on hostage/crises negotiation. The outcomes are to:
- Recognize the psychological state of hostage takers.
- Discuss the legal perspective and importance of hostage negotiation.
- Identify signs and indicators of abnormal behavior.
- Practice interview techniques in hostage/crises negotiation together with basic skills.
- Identify a mentally disordered subject in hostage crises situation and intervention methods.
- At the end of the course, acquire skills for healthier negotiation in hostage crises