Material for a 3-hour lesson, part of the Training Course on Community Safety Awareness Raising Programme, developed by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo for the Kosovo Police
Trafficking in human beings is one of the greatest concerns throughout the region. Therefore, we should pay special attention to these phenomena in Kosovo as well, since it has taken proportions which require a special attention in the prevention of these phenomena as well as fighting these criminal offences.
The aim of this lesson is to provide general information on the phenomena of trafficking in human beings, with the possible ways and methods of identification and prevention of this phenomenon, as well as an understanding of the punishment provided by the Criminal Code of Kosovo.
Following this lesson, participants shall be able to:
1. Explain the definitions of terms related to trafficking in human beings and briefly describe different types of trafficking;
2. Recognize the distinction between trafficking in human beings and smuggling of immigrants;
3. Acquire knowledge on crimes related to trafficking;
4. Know the methods of recruiting victims used be the traffickers?
5. Recognize the signs/indicators identifying a victim of human trafficking
6. Rescue victims from traffickers
7. Know the punishment provided by the Criminal Code for the criminal offence of trafficking in human beings