Material for a 45-minute lesson, part of the Domestic Violence Awareness Course, developed by the Kosovo Police Service School.
The goal of this lesson is to establish the rights of women and their dignity as a fundamental issue to police work and the eventual elimination of the gender bias currently evident in law enforcement agencies.
At the end of this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Identify the three-fold mandate for the United Nations Special Rapporteur.
- List the three- (3) areas of concern where women are particularly vulnerable.
- State five (5) human rights violations that occur against women in the family.
- Identify three (3) types of violence against women that are frequently perpetrated and/or condoned by States.
- Identify eleven (11) standards that all police officials should employ to gain victim and public co-operation and support.