This lesson is a part of the course "Training for Investigators into the Trafficking of Human Beings" developed by the Police Development Unit of the OSCE Spillover Monitor Mission to Skopje
The goal of this lesson is to explore identification process of victims of trafficking which is intertwined with appropriate treatment of victims by police while respecting their rights.
At the conclusion of this lesson, participants will be able to:
- To clarify the importance of cooperation between Police, Prosecutors and Judges
- Identify the methods or information through which an investigation into THB may begin
- Identify the organisational aspects and stages of an investigation
- Identify the actions required to commence an investigation.
- List the types of evidence required to help prove the crime of trafficking
- Outline the actions an officer should take when conducting proactive investigation into a
- Identify a Trafficking of Human Beings crime scene
- Outline the questions an officer should ask him/herself when conducting re-active investigation into a trafficking case
- Identify the evidence required connected with the victims’ status in the country
- Describe the evidence of mistreatment of the victim